“In terms of your concerned, our replacement sound processor will be a refurbish sound processor just like an “i phone”. We call it “整新品” in Chinese。原文可能電腦打字筆誤，replacement sound processor 打成 replacement sound price。這段大意就是提供的整新機就像 iPhone給的保固一樣，會提供整理過的處理器。
To make sure, when you said “replacement sound price” it should be “replacement sound processor” right ?
OK, I got the definition about the “整新品”.
When I started to post the article about the N5 extended warranty contract, these serious posts attract lots of hearingloss children’s parent’s attention. And a lot them start to contribute their feedback on facebook group.
I am handing on collection the feedback now. But urgent issues are
1. Why your agent in Taiwan (clinico) ask parents to pay register fee, which is NT8,500 around USD 270. Is this a mandatory requirement by Cochlear ?
2. If parents want to avoid this NT 8,500, we must buy the warranty before end of March. But I just contacted with you andFrank from Clinico. From the phone conversion, Frank promised that Clinico will rewrite the contract. It will show much clearly under what kind of circumstance, is out of the warranty. But today is March 12, how come we could make the decision in a short time to buy or not to buy ?
Could you please help Taiwan parents to negotiate with Clinico to give us more time ?
3. We know this is first time to have N5 extended warranty contract in Taiwan, and this is one year contract. What if we purchase this contract, and unfortunately it is out of function in the first half year, and Cochlear provides a refurbish sound processor. Then this replaced one will have the left half year warranty only or another one full year after receiving the replaced one ?
4. Until now, a lot of parents don’t know the clear repair cost if any of the parts malfunctions.
Is that possible Cochlear could provide us a detail parts replacement cost (cost of each part of bill of material of the N5) or a repair parts list ? Why we request this is for parents to know pros and cons in order to make the decision to join or not join the extended warranty.
5. We’ve heard a rumor that if parents not join the extended warranty, once the processor malfunctions, Clinico is not allowed to open the case and check the processor. Must ship back to Australia (this part we understand).
And parents need to pay air shipping cost back and force, which will be charged NT 20,000 , is that right ? I am in the international business field, need to ship a lot of samples to all over the world. But NT 20,000 for air express is really really too too expensive. Or could you give us a brief explanation about the repair flow and cost if not join the extended warranty, once the professor is not working, what we should do and the estimated cost in advanced.
That’s the short brainstorming so far from Taiwan parents, will keep you update later.